Dream A little Dream
Blogging has probably been one of the most challenging things i have committed myself to doing. Not only has it been so weird to learn technology, but dealing with things not saving, etc. has taught me so much patience. I have never had to be more disciplined in my life. Running my own business has added so much freedom, but also so much responsibility to keep the ball rolling in regards to posting frequently and posting anything of substance.
This is not an easy task when life can sidetrack you. I am the queen of filling up my social calendar. I believe that people come first. This is a great ideal, but not so much when it comes to my business being pushed to the back burner. At my wise age of 28 i have learned the following:
Dreams are Goals… Whatever your dream, those are your goals. Shoot for the stars, aim high, and get to work. My dream 4 years ago is below, whatever in bold is what i have accomplished so far. get started, get moving.
- Have my own YouTube channel
- Be a hair stylist
- Have my own product line
- get married
- have a family
- see the world
- have my own salon
- win NAHA
- work on movies
- You are your own boss… even at a job where you have a boss over you, your job doesn't start and end at you clocking in and out. It starts with you working and doing your best.
- No one will make you a priority but yourself… sure mom and dad love you, but lets put our big kid undies on and get out there and do something. No one is going to care as deeply about the things you care about but you.
- We are in this together… it has become more evident over the past couple months that we all need each other. I meet with a couple successful women that are running their own businesses and we exchange ideas, tips, advice on how we are all building our brands. Kasey Zantos, Amanda Nguyen, Bobbi Barnfather, and Keturah Kennedy. Each of these incredibly talented women have built something out of just being themselves, yet we all need each other to learn from. this leads me to my next point.
- Networking is Key… every person we come in contact with is someone that knows about us. This means we are marketing with each person we meet. Lets leave a good taste in everyones mouth… leading to my next point.
- People are kooks… there are going to be people out there that say terrible things about you, are mean, think they know you and they don't, basically crazy people. Ignore them. People are kooks. You can't please everyone, but if you know in your heart that you have done nothing wrong to them and your side of the metaphorical street is clean then blow off the kooks.
- You are not perfect… Nor should you be.
- Don't procrastinate… easier said then done. Get a calendar, make a plan, write things down, stick to it. I still have a paper planner i carry with me everywhere. its something tangible i can see a touch. It is easier to reach a destination if you know where you are going.
- You are going to fall… I like to say fall instead of fail, because it sounds less aggressive. Things may not work, but at least you can say you tried and gave your best effort. We are all in this thing together!!! I try to follow each of my followers, because I am nothing without you!
“What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?” – John Green
I would love to hear what your dreams are!! Lets make them a reality.